Saturday 4 February 2017

First Lambs

Very happy to say first beautiful pair of lambs born at 6am this morning and not a bad day for them as the sun gradually came out and the heavy rain had stopped.  No problems with their birth and their mum is so sweet - protective and attentive but has no problem with me giving them a little cuddle!  They have the longest legs I have seen on one of my lambs and are very placid.  Mum is a Suffolk Mule and Dad is Kane, the Dorper ram - first lambs we have had from him and I rather like them - just have to see how they grow.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness me Rosemary....Still had you
    on my profile list as Westhill Alpacs..
    I've just discovered your new Blog....
    and new title..did'nt know you'd changed
    it...Great! I can look back on posts l've
    missed...! :).
    Oh! I'm still here 'running' Blandford! :0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Willie!! Lovely to have you back and glad Blandford is still under control!!

    ReplyDelete