Tuesday 21 February 2017

Ups and Downs

I am now so tired I am not functioning correctly and sleep is alluding me!  Lambing has had a sticky start but appears to be improving.  So far I have 16 lambs and two ewes I have just checked who look like they might produce in the early hours - looks like another brief night for me.  Here are a few of the ones who are here -




 
As you can see I have my first ever caesarean - she is recovering well.  I had to feed the lamb for a few days as it was very weak but has managed to feed on her own for the first time tonight.  The little sick one in the towel has recovered and is now jumping round the field with mum - let's hope things will now go more smoothly.
 
If I blog again fairly soon, it will mean lambing is a little less tense!

No comments:

Post a Comment