Wednesday 22 June 2016

News from Wales

Today the most lovely thing happened. Started as a major worry as I got home this morning to a message on the answerphone from Animal Health causing my heart to skip a beat! I was asked to phone a farmer in Wales as he had some sheep with my ear tags in them. I assumed the worse and phoned the farmer in Carmarthenshire who said he had 17 of my sheep in his field and just wondered if they had been stolen but just before I phoned him the owner had arrived to say he had been fixing a dry stone wall - went for a cuppa and they had hopped out whilst he was gone. A car had chased them up the road and ended up in this farmers field. He said they looked good and were happily grazing amongst his cattle. I thought they would be on a dinner plate somewhere by now as I had sold them through Sedgemoor market - how lovely and what a great Welsh Man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment