Monday 27 June 2016

Weighing lambs

The Flower Lady has been producing scarves at a tremendous rate lately - picked up another little gem today.  I am still stuck trying to work out my pin loom.  It has great potential but there is a big gap in the middle of everything which I am not quite sure what to do with - work in progress I think!


Weighed and wormed the lambs tonight; fairly pleased with them, definitely better than last year's but still variations in weights which do not help my going to market decisions.  The biggest is 52kg which is pretty good as he is only just over 4 months but the rest of the early lambs are around 40/42kg so it is all a bit uneven.  I don't give them creep feed regularly - just a little every now and again so they come to the gate.

Carl has now disappeared to top thistles and I am trying to sort alpaca transport to Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment