Monday 20 June 2016

Shearing nearly done

Well!!  No more library van after Christmas and I am severely disappointed.  It was a little highlight and could be fitted in around animal things - a tradition really and very sad to see it going.  I have until Christmas to make the most of it.

Currently, I am struggling with an export to Italy which is proving to be a bit long drawn out but nearly organised.  It is a bit of a sad export as my very favourite alpaca is one who is going - not many alpacas left when they are gone and I have no cria due this year so I think we will mate a few for next year.


Some of the sheep have gone on their holidays to the Grave Diggers.  He is hoping for a nicely trimmed field ready for the village fete but the sheep are struggling a bit and keep getting lost amongst the very good grazing.  I have to march round calling to check they are all there and their little heads pop up; wondering where they have come to and why they keep getting lost I think!


Shearing is almost complete - just five sheep and a few alpacas belonging to a mate of Sam's to go.  It has been hard work this year as Carl pulled the ligaments in his ankle and strained his back - but we are nearly at the end!  Hay making next!

No comments:

Post a Comment