Thursday 1 December 2016

December!

I can't believe it but today I put the little wooden advent calender out - December already!  And it has turned bitterly cold outside.  This morning I woke up and thought it had suddenly got extremely mild as I was having a bit of a hot turn but I soon discovered it was because the central heating had turned itself on - not as warm as I thought when I stepped out the door.

The kitchen is making progress but it is very small steps and whether it will be finished before Christmas is debatable.  I think it will mostly be done and that will be good enough!

Last weekend was Alweston Christmas Market which I like doing and we sold very well.  I had to pay a trip to the Flower Lady and beg for more scarves and arm warmers as I have already sold out of the grey and I am in the middle of knitting an ordered pair of arm warmers and scarf.  Hopefully, we will have something left for Ibberton Market but I think it may be a very select amount of items.  The hats with flowers on are all gone and my experimental button fingerless gloves sold - plus the mice are down to about two so once the orders are finished I shall try to do a few more.

Angelina - the ewe who had her eyes pecked by crows - is still with us.  I am not sure whether she has much sight left but she is coping in the orchard with a mate.  I have a lady coming to see her soon who does things with herbs which all sounds rather exciting and, hopefully, may be of help as there isn't much more the vet can do for her.


And - if you read this GHN I have finally found a DVD player in the roof of the shed but haven't had time to watch the DVD yet - so if you need it back soon let me know at the Library Van!  Last Library Van soon which I think is a dreadful shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment