Thursday 7 July 2016

It is Thursday

It is Thursday but somehow it feels like Sunday night which, I think, is because Carl has been at home today.  Alpaca Tb test results today for the ones going to Italy - all clear I am glad to say and jus the Brucellosis results to come.  Carl had the day off so we could get a few more matings done and get a little bit further forward with the kitchen.  We have achieved a fair bit as the kitchen now has most of the worktop in and we now have water!  That is a huge relief as I was sick of going outside to fill the kettle and carrying the washing up upstairs.  We have a long way to go but progress has been made.

The sheep are gradually eating their way through the Grave Digger's field but today they seemed to be more in the mood for bounding around.  Two Tone charged all the way up to the top and then all the way back down doing her bouncy run when I went to see her this afternoon - she is one happy sheep!

I finally took the plunge and sent off an entry to Ellingham and Ringwood Show to enter three of the Dorper lambs.  It is not in any expectation of winning anything as they will be in with the big Texels in the Short wool class (the only class they remotely fit in!) but more to experience it and see if I like doing it.  Sam and Kristy have been roped in to help so Jeeves, Shanice and Jasmine have started halter training and, so far, they are dire!  We have a long way to go - and - apparently I am supposed to wash them!  The lady in Agri Centre said I could use Fairy Liquid but I had visions of them all bubbling up whenever it rained so I ended up buying a bottle of horse shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment