Wednesday 20 July 2016

The hay is made!

Well that is it - for now - hay is made and now in the barn!  Such a relief when it is all safely in.  This year we had a new piece of equipment and what a wonderful, if slightly traumatic, thing it is!  When using it I feel like I am part of a Victorian novel and I am sure my Grandad would be quite at home with it.  It is the wonderful bale elevator and I don't know if this will work but I am going to try to upload a video of it in operation, despite the fact that I look rather odd!








With the haymaking complete it is now time to concentrate on Ellingham Show.  We are helping to organise the alpaca show and have a good few entries this year so a lot of rosettes required.  On top of that I am taking some Dorper sheep and they need washing which should be fun.

Carl has had itchy feet for two days as he has a new truck and is longing to get it on the road - now hay is finished I think that is what he will be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment