Monday 11 December 2017

Snug as a bug in a rug

Even colder now!  But not a nice cold - far too damp, muddy and drizzly for me.  This morning I was feeling sad we had not seen any snow but I soon found a few flakes when I got up to the hill.  There wasn't enough to get excited about but a little smattering which meant the ewes did get a bale of hay despite not really being allowed it as they are all too fat.

Christmas Markets are all now over for this year and I did not have enough knitting left to make a profitable stall for the last one I was due at so I had to cancel.  This did not make me very popular but it would have been silly to stand there with a couple of scarves, a random hat and a pair of arm warmers!  My two big shawls have not sold yet but I didn't expect them to as they are a little expensive to make a quick sale.  I am now thinking of different ways of doing things for next year and attempting arm warmers with little fingers which are a bit fiddly but I will, hopefully, get there.

Now, there are no photos today and there is a reason for that.  I am sitting in the lounge wrapped up in a very comfortable blanket to type this as it is a bit early to light the fire and I still have to get the evening rounds done - the lead to plug the phone in for the photos is up stairs and I do not want to come out of my cocoon until I have to!!

2 comments:

  1. HaHa! Much the same down here to Rosemary..
    Though l observed a few flakes last Sat.
    Just a little flurry, then it turned to
    rain..horrid stuff! :(.

    I'm doing much the same..just watched two
    episodes of the Two Ronnies, now into
    three episodes of Last of the Summer Wine,
    accompanied with a mug of Bovril...! :).
    That'll take me through Eggheads...!
    Job done...! :).

    ReplyDelete